Required Commercial Insurance in Kansas

Owning a business in Kansas requires having certain types of commercial insurance. There are many different types of commercial insurance, and you likely need to have more types of coverage than are mandated by law in order to be well protected. If you need commercial insurance for your business, call us at AHI Group in Olathe, KS to find out more about it. 

Required Commercial Insurance

Workers’ Compensation Coverage

In Kansas, all employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance for all of their workers with no minimum number of workers for the requirement. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule. If your business has an annual payroll that grosses less than a specific amount, you aren’t required to have this insurance. There are also exceptions for certain agricultural jobs. Otherwise, you must have this insurance in place so that your employees are protected in case they are injured on the job. This also protects your business by paying for the medical bills of injured workers so that your business won’t have to. This insurance also gives workers disability benefits if they are injured. 

Commercial Auto Coverage

Any vehicles that your Kansas business owns are required to have a commercial auto insurance policy. This insurance will cover accidents that are caused by your vehicle so that your business doesn’t have to foot the bills. There are specific required amounts in each policy for different kinds of coverage. There are two required amounts for bodily injury liability and one amount of coverage required for property damage liability. There is also a personal injury protection coverage amount required. The state also requires coverage for uninsured and underinsured motorists. 

Get Commercial Coverage

If you own a business in Kansas, make sure you have the commercial insurance that you need. Contact us at AHI Group in Olathe, KS.